In SotM 24 your mission was to analyze a floppy
disk recovered from the drug dealer Joe Jacobs. In this new challenge,
your mission is to analyze the floppy recovered from his computer savy supplier,
Jimmy Jungle. Once again, you will need to read
the police report before continuing.
Just as in the last challenge, this situation is fictional, and not based on
any real characters or incidents.
Download floppy image
MD5 (scan26) = e9c7d0c87ab0ecce09bf90362b830a74
MD5 (scan26.zip) = c8e2454b970538de26a0fa887017109b
You can find all judging criteria at the SotM main
- Who is the probable supplier of drugs to Jimmy Jungle?
- What is the mailing address of Jimmy Jungle's probable drug supplier?
- What is the exact location in which Jimmy Jungle received the drugs?
- Where is Jimmy Jungle currently hiding?
- What kind of car is Jimmy Jungle driving?
- Bonus Question:
Explain the process that was performed so that there
were no entries in the root directory and File Allocation Table (FAT),
yet the contents of each file remained in the data area?"
This months judging and team writeups are done by
Daniel Kalil and Brian Carrier.
Writeup from the Security Community
This challenge was one of our most difficult, as it
included the use of Stego technology.
- Nick DeBaggis and Eloy Paris
- Brenda Langedijk and Hans Van de Looy
- Claus Lund
- Diego González Gómez
- Emmanuel Cros
- John Lee
- David Barroso Berrueta
- Dophine V. Britanico
- Chris Eagle
- Barbara Pease
- Yvette Agostini
- Alex M. Kalisiak
- Mark Lotspaih